We all know exercise is good for but do you know why? Here are some awesome benefits to staying fit and active:
- Increased Lean Muscle Mass
- Increased bone density and prevention of osteoporosis
- Decreased body fat
- Increased longevity of life
- Increased Resting Metabolic Rate
- Lowered cholesterol
- Prevention of Heart Disease
- Improved cardiovascular endurance
- Increased muscular strength
- Lowered risk of developing diabetes
- Assists with stress management
- Reduced depression and Anxiety
- Improved overall well-being confidence and quality of life
Do you know where to start?Most people that are new to the gym do not know where to begin or how to get started. If you have never exercised, you probably feel clueless as to where to begin. A personal trainer will guide and educate so that you can achieve your goals and workout on your own.
Do I know the equipment?Certain gym equipment, if you have no idea how or why it is used, can be just plain scary; it’s big, it’s bulky and can be intimidating. Any type of load bearing equipment needs to respected, as there is great potential for injury. Personal Trainers will be able to demonstrate the way or various ways on how to use any gym equipment so you can get the most benefit out of your workouts.
Do I know the correct form and how to do an exercise safely?From a safety perspective, it is disturbing, how many people use incorrect form. It’s always wise to make sure you are using correct form and weight when performing an exercise to avoid injury. A Personal Trainer is good because they can see what you do and cue your properly to ensure you do the exercise correctly.
Do you need the motivation?There are times that I have zero motivation so I hired a trainer to encourage me, especially when I train legs. I can slack when working legs if not pushed. So you have to ask yourself; do you really give your workouts 100%?
Do you know how to meet your goals?There are different plans for different types of goals. A personal trainer is valuable when making a customized plan that fits you and your goals.
Have you hit a plateau?Have you hit a weight loss plateau and don’t know what else you could possibly do to reach your goal? A Personal trainer assesses you and your diet and exercise program in order to create a plan to get you past the plateau
Now how do you choose a personal trainer? You definitely have to find someone who is right for you. But how do you choose? These are things that I look for and things my clients had told me they look for when choosing a Personal Trainer.
- Most importantly, ensure they are certified as a Personal Trainer with an accredited certification.
- Make sure they understand and respect your goals. They need to follow what you want not what they want and like.
- Make sure they make you feel welcome. I try so hard to do this as a trainer. And yes sometimes personalities don’t work and that is ok.
- Make sure they listen to and encourage you. A good trainer will listen to your questions and concerns. Don't worry no question is ever to silly to ask. Also a good trainer will encourage you throughout the workout, after the workout, as you meet your goals and as you continue your journey. I often do a "Fist Bump" help encourage or as a way of saying "Way to go" to my clients.
- Check out their success stories – Reviews are incredibly
important when seeking out a trainer so be sure the one you choose has a
proven track record of success in assisting people to reach their
goals. If they don't have any reviews then ask for references or to speak with one of their existing clients to help you make the decisions if they are the right trainer for you.